HJS Insurance, the official Startup Europe Week Co-Organizer, successfully organized another edition of the Startup Europe Week in Nicosia, with the support of our esteemed partners.
The conference was dedicated to all the entrepreneurs who are striving to improve the state of our community.
A big thank you to our speakers:
- Andreas Hadjisofocleous, SEW19 Co-Organizer, Director HJS Insurance Agents & Consultants
- George Boustras, Dean of the School of Business Administration
- Christos Nicolaides, Director IHE Innovative Business Services
- Natasa Christou, PhD, Director Fab Lab Cy, Architect, RIBA II, Founder Telalis
- Burak Berk Doluay, Co-founder CyprusInno
- Grace Ng, Cofounder, Javelin and Lean Startup Machine, Investment Partner, Lean Venture Partner
- Maria Markidou Georgiadou, Managing Director Cyprus Seeds
- Monica Ioannidou Polemitis, Director of Innovation & Entrepreneurship Centre at Deloitte and Director of ARIS A Really Inspiring Space
- Panayiotis Philimis, Founder and CEO of CyRIC & Gravity Ventures Incubator
- Pangratios Vanezis, Board Member KPMG Cyprus & Leader KPMG Enterprise & Startups
- Simona Mihai Yiannaki, PhD, Deputy Dean School of Business & Director EUC-PEAK Innovation Center
Credits to our sponsors the European University Cyprus PEAK Center and gratitude to our startup supporters Cyprus Seeds, KPMG Cyprus, Javelin, Global Shapers Nicosia.
Our Director Andreas Hadjisofocleous was invited to attend the Horasis Global Meeting which was held in Cascais, Portugal, over 5-8 May. Horasis is a global visions community dedicated to inspiring our future.
Over 600 CEOs, thought leaders and senior politicians (including several heads-of-governments and Ministers) from around the world attended the meeting to discuss global issues. Andreas talked about Global Risks and how entrepreneurs could create positive change circumventing geopolitical tensions.
The immediate Global Risks identified during the panel discussion:
– Regional Wars
– Irresponsible Leadership
– Climate Change
– Fake News
– Misuse of A.I Technology
Our Director, Andreas Hadjisofocleous, has been selected as 1 of 100 Young Innovation Leaders in Europe to be awarded the Young Transatlantic Innovation Leaders Initiative (YTILI) Fellowship, a program of the U.S. Department of State in partnership with The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF).
“YTILI empowers young European entrepreneurs and innovators with the tools, networks, and resources they need to grow their enterprises and contribute more fully to economic development and job creation, security, and good governance in the region”.
Fellows will use the tools and knowledge they gain through the program to grow their business and improve the state of their communities.
Official Visit to the Department of State – Washington DC
Discussing Entrepreneurship and the Transatlantic Relationship at the Department of State
Our Director was selected to participate in the Young Entrepreneurs information visit to the European Commission and European Parliament in Brussels.
During the information visit, in February 2017, the participants had the opportunity to discuss with European Commission officials and Parliamentary Representatives about entrepreneurship, innovation, support to Small/Medium Enteprises and the current state of the Union.
At the European Parliament
Meeting with EU Commissioner Christos Stylianides, responsible for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management
“Είναι νέος, αλλά έχει καταφέρει πολλά και συνεχίζει. Ο Ανδρέας Χατζησοφοκλέους μιλά στο Yang.gr και μας δίνει τη δική του ματιά για τη νεανική επιχειρηματικότητα, τον κόσμο των start ups, τι χρειάζεται για να πετύχεις τους στόχους σου στο επιχειρείν, ενώ αποκαλύπτει τις ασχολίες του και τα μελλοντικά του σχέδια.”
Περισσότερα στο Yang.gr http://www.yang.gr/o-andreas-chatzisofokleous-milai-sto-yang-gr-gia-ton-choro-ton-start-ups/